Problem With Zeus Server

For any general Zeus related post, players and whitelisted Zeus alike. You may post questions, comments and general issues. For hints, tips and tricks please use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: VileAce

David_Wilson

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

May 23rd, 2018, 1:22 am

I’ve noticed that there is some sort of problem whenever I zeus(others might be having the same problem, I don’t know). Basically as soon as I start placing any sort of unit or object, after like 10 minutes or so, noone is able to join the server they apparently get stuck on the ”receiving data” screen, and after a while their arma either crash or they alt+f4 and quit the game.
In-game the kick message is ”client not responding”. I’ve checked and I’ve got all the right mods installed, no optional and ZEC, ZECCUP and Achilles. Got any ideas to fix this? Because it’s really annoying that I can’t prepare missions so they get kinda...bad.

-David Wilson
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."—Oscar Wilde

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

May 23rd, 2018, 7:05 am

Poke me in TeamSpeak when you are on next. Obviously this is not normal, I want to make sure that your explanation "no one is able to join" and " "as I start placing any sort of unit or object" are accurate statements not just hyperboles.

xBroleh

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

May 23rd, 2018, 7:22 am

This has happened since I joined one of Davids missions, never happened with any other Zeus, I dont know if its either David or the server. All I can say is that during the missions theres a ton of people trying to connect, but disconnecting due to their game crashing, and has happened to me when one of his missions started. Basically it will get stuck at recieving data when joining.

At one point the game crashed even for David and I had to ask Claws to restart the server, which seemed to solve the problem, but only until items were placed in map by Zeus, so nobody else could no longer join

David_Wilson

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

May 23rd, 2018, 10:14 am

What Broleh just explained is basically what's going on. I can't confirm if it's because of things being placed by me or if it's something else although I'm guessing it's by that because people tend to not be able to join after I start making the mission. I'll be ready to test it whenever you come online.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."—Oscar Wilde

Reyesinc

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

May 23rd, 2018, 10:28 am

I managed to join his games every time, maybe because you didn't place any objects/units yet when I joined. I noticed that it takes a very long time to join the game, but it will eventually load (for me at least).
;)

jwdogg1

May 23rd, 2018, 2:47 pm

This might be the result of the player in zues having mods from the optional collection, just a guess though.

xBroleh

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

May 23rd, 2018, 2:52 pm

jwdogg1 wrote:
May 23rd, 2018, 2:47 pm
This might be the result of the player in zues having mods from the optional collection, just a guess though.
He mentioned he had none of those loaded, so I doubt thats the case.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

May 23rd, 2018, 9:10 pm

Please let the Admins handle the issues instead of guessing. David Wilson contact me in TeamSpeak.

• Information