Suggested change to Support Supply Drop Module

For any general Zeus related post, players and whitelisted Zeus alike. You may post questions, comments and general issues. For hints, tips and tricks please use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: VileAce

sycholic

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

June 5th, 2018, 4:08 am

Right now the supply drop is effectively useless without zeus and even then they cant edit that crate some reason and need to spawn one next to it and give it a VA ace arsenal. This would give the ACE arsenal to the crate actually dropped instead of just giving a crate with only a few random items.

Current init code for the crate init is:
nul = "SmokeShellGreen" createVehicle position _this; _this allowDamage false;

Change it to this:
nul = "SmokeShellGreen" createVehicle position _this; _this allowDamage false; [_this, true] call ace_arsenal_fnc_initBox;

Just got done testing it and works perfectly. If the VA isnt wanted I will look into trying to make up like a medical resupply list of items for a crate to atleast include something usable.

David_Wilson

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

June 5th, 2018, 4:54 am

I feel like the supply drop is useless at the moment and having an ace arsenal instead is a bit too much. I feel like either adding a limited arsenal similair to the one at spawn, except you can only get like ammo, medical etc. Or that the supply crate just contains medical supplies along with a limited amount of ammo. Not sure if this is possible, it’s just an idea and personal opinion.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."—Oscar Wilde

xBroleh

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

June 5th, 2018, 9:54 am

like just ammo for the weapons you have and some bandages morph and ephi?

without changing any equipment?

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

June 5th, 2018, 10:02 am

You can not edit the contents of an ACE arsenal it is all or not without extensive coding which is not possible as a Zeus. I wanted each Zeus to be able to edit the contents as they like.

For NAK Tac missions I edit the contents of the box as it is falling. I use the Arsenal Module>Paste contents and select Replace. Attached are to two different contents I use. The first has launchers and ammo. The second section is an exact copy of the initial selective box.

Any Zeus can build their own favorites. Just create a box the way you want, then use the Arsenal Module> Copy. Save the contents to a file and reuse anytime you like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David_Wilson

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

June 5th, 2018, 11:10 am

That's good to know, haven't really tried those because noone had called in a supply drop on any of my missions yet.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."—Oscar Wilde

sycholic

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

June 5th, 2018, 12:32 pm

actually [_this, ["item1", "item2", "itemN"]] call ace_arsenal_fnc_addVirtualItems is what I was looking at.... to add in individual items so its nothing more then having a list.

we could have supplies at least premade of medical only. I only suggested the VA cuz making a list of all ammo types and rockets nades etc might be too big for that init field length.... and thats why we did the whole 'dont grab loadouts, get ammo and supplies only' dealio? I'll look into it more. Im trying to work on getting a NI arms list atm.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

June 5th, 2018, 1:14 pm

For medical there is a box premade already. Supplies > Ace Medical Basic

sycholic

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

June 5th, 2018, 2:43 pm

VileAce wrote:
June 5th, 2018, 1:14 pm
For medical there is a box premade already. Supplies > Ace Medical Basic
okay just tested something. and I think this is exactly what you looking for Vile. no supplies BUT what you carrying, maybe? Can you verify this for me?

I put this into the crate init...

nul = "SmokeShellGreen" createVehicle position _this; _this allowDamage false; [_this, ["ACE_bloodIV", "ACE_bloodIV_500", "ACE_bloodIV_250", "ACE_fieldDressing", "ACE_epinephrine", "ACE_morphine"]] call ace_arsenal_fnc_initBox;

after I did a drop I could only add supplies for what I was already geared for (including all the minor supplies like range card, wireties etc). If I picked a loadout... I lose everything and cant take any gear after that. (which is the same thing as what we do when we drop an VA for resupply and tell them only resupply dont take your loadouts again...)

I was expecting to only see the items listed above but apparently it lets you rearm with what you already are wearing (which is exactly what I think you looking for)

Only thing missing is some of the minor gear like GPS and stuff, just need to add that into that init field I believe it should work exactly how you were hoping. maybe add just a few basic weapon/gear in case someone does do a loadout they can still pick 'something' but it wont be what they hoped for.

• Information