Ambient Animations

This forum is used to communicate information about restrictions, regulations and rules to the Zeus. All Zeus are responsible for following and adhering to information posted in this forum.

Moderator: VileAce

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

November 1st, 2019, 11:50 pm

This is a repost of an older post in this forum. The old post did not place limits, but this post will. The information is still relevant and needs to be kept in mind by the Zeus.

Old Post
In the last week or so we have had a few Zeus negatively affect the Zeus server performance due to elements they added to the missions.
The primary cause is the Achilles module that changes the default player/AI animation. The reason this such an issue for the server is that every frame, as much as 60 times a second, the server has to stop the default programmed animation and replace it with the animation selected by the Zeus. If this is done to one or two characters it not that bad for the server, but some Zeus have been changing the animations on 20 or more characters. I do not want to ban the module, so I would ask that all Zeus keep this in mind. I will be reviewing the logs and issuing warnings, then remove Zeus whitelisting if this continues.
The Change Ambient Animation module has a very big impact on server performance, therefore, a Zeus should not have more than 3 concurrent Change Ambient Animation modules active at any one time. The recommended usage is to apply the module only when the unit is visible to the players, then remove it or delete the unit when it is no longer visible to the players. Do not apply the module while designing the mission. I do not want to ban the module, so I would ask that all Zeus keep this in mind. I will be reviewing the logs, issuing warnings, then remove Zeus whitelisting if needed. The primary responsibility of the Zeus is to maintain server performance levels. This means at some points your desired mission will have to be modified to maintain the server performance levels.

• Information