PDA and Blue Hex view distance setting

Moderator: VileAce

AntDX316

January 23rd, 2020, 12:56 am

For new players because they wouldn't know to turn on w/ the button and think it's bugged. Blue Hex View distance, the standard needs to be at least 2km to 3km. New players will not know to identify other aircraft or other players with launchers and tanks beyond 1KM. They will just team kill and find out later. Sad for those who drove 20 minutes in a tank to drive to the AO only to get tked. They will have no idea the PDA is black because it has to be turned on. It should just turn on automatically like initializing with a progress bar.

Also, the purchasing of items in game should be met with a confirmation, are you sure you want to purchase for $350, an arsenal? Instead of automatically purchasing, deducating account, and not being able to refund.

WilliamTesla

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Command

NAK Donor

January 23rd, 2020, 2:46 am

A simpler solution to all this would be creating a few guides, and referencing them in the !NEW menu. f.e: !NEW visit www.naksquad.net/Guides (Example) for a full overview of what we have available on this server.

If such a thing does get implemented, I'll gladly help out with the creation of detailed and proper guides on all the useful topics (Such as the bobcats, which are constantly being asked about in TS3).

When it comes to the blue hex, I do think that increasing them to a diameter of an AO would make some degree of sense, but I believe that learning to properly PID the friendlies will be much more useful, specially to the new players who will lack the knowledge to then play without those hex's.
The only time success comes before work is in a dictionary.

AntDX316

January 23rd, 2020, 3:51 pm

WilliamTesla wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 2:46 am
A simpler solution to all this would be creating a few guides, and referencing them in the !NEW menu. f.e: !NEW visit www.naksquad.net/Guides (Example) for a full overview of what we have available on this server.

If such a thing does get implemented, I'll gladly help out with the creation of detailed and proper guides on all the useful topics (Such as the bobcats, which are constantly being asked about in TS3).

When it comes to the blue hex, I do think that increasing them to a diameter of an AO would make some degree of sense, but I believe that learning to properly PID the friendlies will be much more useful, specially to the new players who will lack the knowledge to then play without those hex's.
People don't read the agree/disagree list. They wouldn't look at those text. It would just be easier to have it automatically initialize for the sake of efficiency. Increasing the blue hex to 3km will solve all the unintentional teamkills that get found out After somebody dies.

Making it hard for people is dumb imo. Things should be more spoonfed and multiple choice questions with all of them but 1 being wrong is stupid too because it can pollute people's minds that thinking about the wrong stuff as being possibly right instead of just knowing the right answer and nothing else like a computer. Sure, it is interesting to make people solve puzzles but if we want to do that we will just play Tomb Raider.

It's like being fed your wheel speed rate, knowing the diameter of your tire, your gear ratio, and then you trying to figure out your actual vehicle speed through mental math alone instead of it being fed to you automatically.

There are no test that people need to pass before actually getting into the game. They get into the game with us hoping they should know what to do and if teamkills do happen, action wouldn't be taken unless it happens at least 2 or more times after someone actually identifies the problem and gets somebody who can do something about it.

It is not standard procedure to read up on everything for some people. We just get in and out of games like Call of Duty. I thought the PDA was bugged when I first saw it and never came back until someone in the Blackfoot told me about increasing the name/view distance when I told them I didn't know how to increase view distance on this server. If you guys don't want to change it there is nothing anyone could do but I plan on bringing a tank to the AO which could take 30 minutes just to arrive and if I get teamkilled from a teammate beyond 1KM who has their blue hex not raised I will just stick to CAS/CAP. If people who have the same issue get frustrated or upset, there is nothing anyone can do. Whatever the server holders decide to do is all we have to work with just as we all have to deal with sleeping everyday, eating and drinking everyday, going to the bathroom everyday, having pain receptors by human design. We can only work with what was designed and nothing else but here, we do have something to do about it.

• Information