Adding location marks to map for atc

This forum is for general issues relating to pilots. Players have made excellent suggestions which get lost in the larger discussion groups. You are welcome to discuss mod recommendations, configurations, and all around general information, related to being a pilots on the server.

Moderator: VileAce

SGTMurray

January 13th, 2020, 5:06 pm

Just an idea, adding location waypoints to the map. This may give the atc or other pilots better idea of aircraft locations, routes and de-conflict airspace.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

January 13th, 2020, 5:55 pm

SGTMurray

January 13th, 2020, 6:12 pm

VileAce wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 5:55 pm
This was all discussed in the past

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1650&p=6919&hilit= ... kers#p6919
Will search next time.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

January 13th, 2020, 11:30 pm

NP, it was just well discussed. I am still looking for a way to make a mod with premade and modular map markers that the ATC and other players could use. Wave and I looked a a mod the other day that had additional map markers. It is just one of those things I look at when I need a break from other coding and mission making, so it is not a high priority.

SGTMurray

January 14th, 2020, 12:08 am

Could you add them as fixed points like the taxiways are marked?

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

January 14th, 2020, 9:42 am

We will not be adding any more permanent marks to the map, as mentioned in the prior post. This would be a mod.

WilliamTesla

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

January 14th, 2020, 10:49 am

I've been nibbling at the script to make the mod work, but still yet have to come up with a way to create an interface that would draw the lines, I managed to create some markers without using the default system, but still sadly can't make a special tool so you could draw and automatically save that drawing so it can then be loaded back in.

I am making some progress but considering that it's a thing that I do on the side during the days when I'm at home and bored I don't really dedicate much time, and also lack the overall experience to make the code work properly.
I'm sure the lines that I have so far can be optimized and done in a better way, but that's just room for improvement which I might do once it actually works the way I intend it to.
The only time success comes before work is in a dictionary.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

January 14th, 2020, 11:32 am

William, instead of drawing lines I was now thinking about having just map markers that include all the ATC markings. I know it is not what we originally planned, but map markers can be very complex, they are not limited to simple icons. You just need to make sure that the markers scale at the same rate as the map. I have not done a lot of research, but I have seen mods with more complex map markers.

WilliamTesla

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

January 14th, 2020, 1:59 pm

So instead of attempting to make a tool that would draw things I should instead try and create some markers which ATC's would commonly use?
If that's the case that would considerably simplify my task, as the part of copying and pasting the markers I've got quite figured out by now.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

January 14th, 2020, 2:36 pm

Yep, that was my idea and the reason for it. You can pretty much use any image as a marker, you just need to get the scaling to work correctly.

WilliamTesla

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

January 14th, 2020, 3:08 pm

Got it, I'll see what I can do. I'll also have to document myself on what the hell do the ATC's use as markings usually XD

• Information