Screenshots

This is an off-topic thread for talking about whatever.

Moderator: VileAce

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

November 1st, 2018, 2:39 pm

We are beginning a website redesign, and for it I need lots of high quality screenshots (1920X1080 min) anyone that submits a usable screenshot will received a TeamSpeak badge, and receive credit on the website.

Recommended type of screenshots are closes ups of single players, singles vehicles, or close ups of tightly groups players. The image does not have to be a full body shot, it can be cropped anyway you wish.

If it help you can use the VileHUD mod. The mod will remove all HUD items including; hud, info, radar, compass, direction, menu, group, cursors and panels. To toggle the HUD display press "O" (default for watch). This is a client side mod and does not require anything on the server side. At this time the keybinding is hardcoded.

This mod will not remove the chat area. To hide the chat go to Configure>Game>Stream Friendly UI - set to enabled. You may need to restart Arma to disable it again.

xBroleh

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

November 1st, 2018, 3:14 pm

all taken by me high res 1080 images from when zeusing, feel free to use any ill try to post more soon, excuse the achilles logo at the bottom right

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

CasperTheAbnormal

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

November 1st, 2018, 3:22 pm

Don't know if these are usable as they are pretty old but I don't mind giving these away for any use anyway
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
See you in-game!

CasperTheAbnormal

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

November 1st, 2018, 3:24 pm

CasperTheAbnormal wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 3:22 pm
Don't know if these are usable as they are pretty old but I don't mind giving these away for any use anyway
The third shot is close, side views are going to be much better. And I might be able to crop the first, but I would prefer "action" type shots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
See you in-game!

xBroleh

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

November 1st, 2018, 8:11 pm

Images from my lastest Zeus mission 11-01-18. All 1920x1080 and taken by me.

NATO forces had to make their way into a russian airfield that had two stolen F-35B prototypes. NATO forces succesfully completed their mission and brought back both jets safely to the USS Freedom.

Players: Ghost, Bashful, Volcano, Alex, Wolfblade Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

November 2nd, 2018, 7:56 am

Those are some good images xBroleh, the plane shots are a little small, the primary "target" of the image should take at least 2/3 of the image. But for the shots of the players xBroleh will be awarded the War Correspondent Citation tag.

xBroleh can you send me the original files, the images as attached are not 1080p. You can post them on an image sharing site, e.g. imgur.com, imageshack,photobucket, etc or attach them to a message on the site. If you send the message via the forums, you can attach large images.

xBroleh

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

November 2nd, 2018, 8:28 am

Sure I can, Ill email them to you if that is okay.

Or simply attach them here, whatever fits you the best

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

November 2nd, 2018, 4:22 pm

A couple players have asked about the best way to make screenshots.The simple answer is to use the Editor and Zeus mode on your local computer to create the "subject matter". There are also a bunch of mods that will help build/place that "subject matter". I have created a collection of the mods that I use when I want to take high quality screenshots. The collection is called NAK Squad Screenshot Collection. Please make sure to read the description of each mod, and any readme's or help files that might be available.

One of the mods included in the collection is Achilles, with is one of the most popular mods used when Zeus'ing. One of the features of that mod, while in Zeus mode, is to disable simulation of an object (Modules>Objects>Enable Simulation), which will make the object not react to anything even the physics of Arma. This will allow you to position Vehicles including (planes and helicopters) exactly where you want them (floating in the air). Another feature of Achilles is to modify ambient animation, which will allow you to set the AI's animation from standing to one of many other options, including navigate aircraft, wounded, at ease and many more. Some of the other mods require you to place the unit in the editor and modify the units Init line. Instructions for doing so are in the mods themselves.

Another of the mods in the collection is actually a simple mission that has a single player with Zeus mode added to it. Play the scenario pick the Zeus role and launch the game. When the game starts, a task is created telling you to press "Y" to enter Zeus mode. From there you are in control and can add anything you want to the map. Screenshot Mission

Some of the mods are best used in editor mode while others are better used in Zeus mode. Please remember these mods are not for use on NAK servers, these are for local use only.

xBroleh

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

November 2nd, 2018, 5:19 pm

Screenshots from my latest Zeus mission 02-11-18
Image Image Image Image Image

xBroleh

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

November 3rd, 2018, 8:06 pm

03-11-18 // Zeus Mission
In this mission, the players played as local communist guerrillas. They first had to protect a VIP during an ambush by NATO at one of the guerillas bases, and then flee to the nearerst base. They succeded their objective and brought back the VIP safely.

During the second part of the mission, the players raided NATO's naval docks, where they managed to eliminate all NATO peacekeepers and hijack a Destroyer type ship.
Image Image Image
20181103231730_1.jpg
20181103224524_1.jpg
20181103215746_1.jpg

• Information