Warlords Server

This is an off-topic thread for talking about whatever.

Moderator: VileAce

thewolf70

December 19th, 2018, 2:52 pm

Hi all, so I had the pleasure of playing on NAKsquad's warlords server recently. Theres a bunch of really nice features that were added, like no firing at the base spawn and !admin commands to get support in case of trolls. The low ammount of lag is also amazing! There are however alot of points that need fixing so I thought I'd drop my humble suggestions below for upcoming fixes:

Plane prices too high
Balanced prices should be between 50k and 100k
-buzzard 50k, nephron & wipeout 65k, black wasp & shirka 75k, stealth wasp & stealth shirka 85k.
-PO-30 orca and nato equivalent should be reduxed to 20k from 27.5k
-Cesna should not be 30k, rather 10k.
-Y32-Xian should be reduced from 100k to 50k.

Also, safety zones currently do not deactivate around enemy bases when you've pushed across the map and targeted them as the next objective.

WolfgangBirkner

December 19th, 2018, 3:08 pm

+1 please also bring back arsenal!

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

December 19th, 2018, 5:14 pm

The arsenal in the warlords implementation does not allow customization (whitelisting or blacklisting ) which was allowing many players to cheat, and purchase items that promote TK. We are looking into our own solution for this.

The prices are set where there are intentionally. When the air assets were less expensive the teams finished the map in less that 3 hours, and ground players (those that do not like flying) could not get anywhere near the AO's as the air assets just hammered the enemy. We are trying to find a balance for ALL players. If you play on the server move often you will have more than enough money to buy all items. As stated in previous post, the server now allows players to keep up to $100,000 between server restarts. And we are looking into other changes.

I have not once seen (in game or in logs) a team capture all the control points (not just a straight line to) the other team. The objective is not to wipe out the other team, the objective is to capture ALL control points with the exception of the spawn points. If all control points, except the spawn points, are captured the game will end with a Win Scenario.

thewolf70

December 19th, 2018, 9:08 pm

VileAce wrote:
December 19th, 2018, 5:14 pm
The arsenal in the warlords implementation does not allow customization (whitelisting or blacklisting ) which was allowing many players to cheat, and purchase items that promote TK. We are looking into our own solution for this.

The prices are set where there are intentionally. When the air assets were less expensive the teams finished the map in less that 3 hours, and ground players (those that do not like flying) could not get anywhere near the AO's as the air assets just hammered the enemy. We are trying to find a balance for ALL players. If you play on the server move often you will have more than enough money to buy all items. As stated in previous post, the server now allows players to keep up to $100,000 between server restarts. And we are looking into other changes.

I have not once seen (in game or in logs) a team capture all the control points (not just a straight line to) the other team. The objective is not to wipe out the other team, the objective is to capture ALL control points with the exception of the spawn points. If all control points, except the spawn points, are captured the game will end with a Win Scenario.
Perhaps the NAK's objective of the game should be revised. All the winning team has to do is push the enemy back to their spawn, and camp them there while half the team goes from town to town and caps the map... an endgame thats flatout boring for either side. It also doesn't sound balanced at all that players keep 100k between restarts. Alot of the skill of warlords is about the speed at which you capture the first towns and buildup your economy. If you've got players spawning on round 1 with 100k it will just break the economy and unbalance a potentially fresh game.

Also, the jets in the lower price range I mentionned (buzzards, a-10, nephron) which have the greatest ordinance for assaulting ground troops are all outranged by ground based AA. Also, one of the guy's that broke the game in the way you mentionned with a shirka, I saw him take a tank shell while flying a nephron which highlights the slower jet's vulnerability. So perhaps instead of punishing skilled players who've played arma for years to the point they need to wait 1 hour and a half to get in a jet (which the AI sometimes crashes on the runway) you can add deployable AA defences like the "defender" SAM in friendly controlled zones. The game breaking jets like the stealth wasp & shirka can remain expensive, and have extremely limited AG ordiance as it is, so they shoudn't be much of a bother.

Guess at the end of the day it depends on wether NAK wants to make their servers more casual-friendly, or appeal to more experienced arma players who can work in cohesive team efforts.

Edit: Also the most expensive plane in the server is currently a buzzard. Please get in contact with the NAK admin who set that so I can refer him to a psychologist.

WolfgangBirkner

December 20th, 2018, 7:17 pm

". Also, one of the guy's that broke the game in the way you mentioned with a shikra, I saw him take a tank shell while flying a nephron which highlights the slower jet's vulnerability."

Hey, that's me! Wasn't my best strafing run but in all reality, I don't really resort to CAS jets very often. :P

"The arsenal in the warlords implementation does not allow customization (whitelisting or blacklisting ) which was allowing many players to cheat, and purchase items that promote TK. We are looking into our own solution for this."

Team killing? What weapons promote this? If anything, TK was at its worse when people started looting AI uniforms and vests because from 150m-700m it was hard to identify and grasp the concept you were fighting AI, at this point, the game play is slower because NATO/CSAT's starting weapons aren't really the best tools for clearing entire towns and engaging enemy squads. No one genuinely TK's on purpose unless you're referring to the two trolls you encountered when people were calling for their heads for spawning in a million ATV's.

Buying 'special weapons' or 'basic weapons' really hurts your ECO when you just want one weapon. Arsenal was cheaper and more effective for faster paced gameplay to be on track to take all objectives.

Currently, the META has become across all servers I've come across is to rush towards PVP and engage and push back the enemy team to destroy their ECO first. I usually take to the air immediately with the help of the friends I play on NAK with, they xfer their money to me whenever they make 40k, I get half. Being a pro-pilot is a struggle here especially when the use of transports via helicopter isn't really effective because of the teleport to contested/taken objectives. :)

• Information