Mission (I&A) recommendation

This is an off-topic thread for talking about whatever.

Moderator: VileAce

sycholic

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

June 11th, 2019, 12:20 pm

well it blows up when you fail it. maybe take the delay out of it completely and make it instant. seen people just run up to it fail then run away without any repercussions. my idea was to get all the vehicles out. then take a top down photo of them then you can include the image on a signboard where the teleport takes you maybe? at least thats what I was thinking instead of markers just have a IG image of all the vehicles and where they spawn kinda like a mall directory signboard?

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

June 11th, 2019, 12:45 pm

That you can do, each sign will have an init, with the vehicle information. I have images with vehicles names at each location, but a billboard would not give me a readable image, without making the image file size huge. What I would like to do is use the strategic map function and add vehicle names directly on the strategic map. You can also add images on a strategic map so I would add the images as well. I just have not had the time to do it yet.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS ... gicMapOpen

sycholic

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

June 11th, 2019, 1:42 pm

thought the issue with putting names on the map was scaling and readablity? why I was thinking like how you got the big nak ruleboards just have a top down image of like the parking lot with everyone showing physically for the photo. there a difference in the strategic map and the normal one?

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

June 12th, 2019, 2:46 am

Yeah, a strategic map is different, similar to the map used to teleport between sites, and you can have multiple strategic maps. If I make images for the billboards and make them high enough resolution to read clearly, it more than doubles the size of the mission file. If I use a strategic map, the size difference is minor.

sycholic

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

June 13th, 2019, 2:04 pm

yeah I wasnt sure how bad in terms of size it would be. so do you need to config the map cuz I never seen nor accessed it before.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

June 13th, 2019, 8:05 pm

Yes, a strategic map would need to be configured then an action created so that it could be opened.

• Information