Post your build/system specs here!

This is an off-topic thread for talking about whatever.

Moderator: VileAce

David_Wilson

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

July 27th, 2018, 12:36 am

Your CPU costs more than my whole pc and I got a pretty decent pc lol.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."—Oscar Wilde

white43210

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

August 6th, 2018, 1:37 pm

Intel Core i9-7980XE Skylake X 18-Core Processor

Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme Edition GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics Card

Gigabyte X299 Aorus Ultra Gaming Pro Motherboard

Samsung 860 Pro 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (x2)

Samsung 950 Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD

Corsair Vengeance RGB 64GB DDR4 DRAM

Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro RGB 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Corsair Obsidian Series 500D RGB SE Premium Mid-Tower

Corsair HX1000i Platinum Power Supply

xBroleh

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

October 6th, 2018, 10:03 am

Progress Update on Custom Built PC "SR-72"
Image Specs:
CPU: i7-8700K (Currently have it but have not installed it yet)
RAM: TRIDENT.Z RGB 16GB 3200MHZ
PSU: Corsair HX1000i
MDB: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X
Case: Thermaltake View 71

To be ordered:

GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
SSD: Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB
CPU Cooler: Alphacool Eisbaer 420 mm AIO (Doubts on custom loop)

yes, yes: overkill I know.

sycholic

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

October 7th, 2018, 3:54 pm

think your PSU is upside down... the fan should be pulling in from the bottom of the case and pushing it out the back so it doesnt intake hot air from inside your case. (or thats how it normally is designed...)

oh I had a new edition to my family. but sadly it was from one of them drunk moments I left the planet so now I got an Alienware 17r5 laptop to nuture and love. :lol:

xBroleh

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

October 7th, 2018, 4:15 pm

regarding the PSU, I have watched into several videos about weather it should point upwards or downwards. Many say it is purely an aesthetical matter while others say it matters. I may flip it around just because I trust your wise advice, but these high grade PSUs also dont even use their fan most of the time, as it will only spin above a certain power consumpion I believe.

Thanks anyways I think I’ll follow your advice

sycholic

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

October 7th, 2018, 4:48 pm

Yeah the whole idea of a bottom mount PSU is mainly that heat rises so having the PSU like in the old days at the top would end up gobbling up all the head right off the cpu. so then the whole bottom mount case line came out with a external intake so it doesnt 1) absorb heat already trying to be removed 2) doesnt effect your internal airflow either... Remember you should have more intake CFM over exhaust. this way you keep a positive air flow and pressure inside your case. your cpu cooler is a 3 fan radiator pulling out and you have only 2 intakes. so we talking 2 in and 5 out in total... in your case I would def put it so it draws in from outside if it supports it (I cant find any bottom photos of your case to check)

oh and looking great so far. gonna be a nice rig.

xBroleh

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

October 7th, 2018, 4:58 pm

sycholic wrote:
October 7th, 2018, 4:48 pm
Yeah the whole idea of a bottom mount PSU is mainly that heat rises so having the PSU like in the old days at the top would end up gobbling up all the head right off the cpu. so then the whole bottom mount case line came out with a external intake so it doesnt 1) absorb heat already trying to be removed 2) doesnt effect your internal airflow either... Remember you should have more intake CFM over exhaust. this way you keep a positive air flow and pressure inside your case. your cpu cooler is a 3 fan radiator pulling out and you have only 2 intakes. so we talking 2 in and 5 out in total... in your case I would def put it so it draws in from outside if it supports it (I cant find any bottom photos of your case to check)
Really appreciate all of this :)

And yes, my case does have some vents at the bottom of the case for the PSU I believe, so probabbly its a better way to put it that way thanks

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

October 7th, 2018, 5:27 pm

I agree with sycholic the fan should point out. No reason to add additional heat into the case.

xBroleh

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

October 8th, 2018, 3:03 pm

Image Much better now! Thanks Sycholic and Vile.

As a sidenote, I was testing if my motherboard was working propperly when I plugged it in and the lights did show up. But I do not get a Q Code readout, nor case fans nor case lights and buttons working from the FPC. Even though the reason of this might be the lack of CPU installed for now, I just wanted to make sure my motherboard isnt faulty if any of you have a clue (I have a MAXIMUS ROG HERO X)

Detox

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

October 8th, 2018, 8:37 pm

Some older Asus boards would show 00 when no CPU is installed, but that code seems to be unused now judging by your manual. I'd test with the CPU in after your cooler comes in.
As for case fans, I would just try to plug into a different socket.
For case lighting, assuming they're Aura Sync compatible and you've plugged it into the correct port, I'm thinking they might require the CPU and/or OS to setup first.

In any case, since the board itself lights up, at least that confirms that the power supply is working and the motherboard is receiving power. I'd wait for the rest of the parts before worrying about any components possibly needing an RMA.
Do you feel what I feel?

• Information