Game play report

For any general Exile related post. You may post questions, comments and general issues. For hints, tips and tricks please use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: VileAce

DaBOOMHOWER

February 8th, 2019, 3:57 pm

Roaming AI is OP. Need to balance with thermals and AT, or change Roaming AI presence and behavior.

Prices missing on loot, could not sell some items.

Bambi spawn needs to have more equipment and NVGs a must otherwise the server will never populate during night rotation. My friends left during night rotation.

If possible to apply "classes" to Bambi spawn. pm me for a server example.

Loot spawn needs to be improved. should be able to find a weapon fairly easily to get back into the fight.

The only server issue I found was the server allowed ppl to join before server was ready. I thought it was a soft restart when in fact it was a hard restart.

This server like all Nak servers has great potential. if it's PVP/all that your aiming for you gotta set ppl up to get into fighting faster.

Edit: Also wanted to add server FPS is amazing for how much is going on in the map.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

February 8th, 2019, 7:03 pm

Roaming AI is OP. Need to balance with thermals and AT, or change Roaming AI presence and behavior.
The roaming AI is different levels depending on where they are located. They will be more difficult the larger the city. Wilderness AI are level 0, no armor, basic weapons, minimum 2 units maximum 5. Village AI are level 0 or 1, similar increase in equipment and quantity. Town AI are level 2, with 4 - 7 AI, most of which will have under barrel GL's and 1 will have a launcher. City AI are level 2 or 3, and Capital City AI are level 3.

If you hide from the AI you will get away, they are only difficult if you engage. As a bambi you job is to survive not hunt.

We have specifically balanced the AI and the the equipment the way we have, because the server tends not to cater to PVP, so we have designed the AI to be more difficult. Where other servers you have to worry a lot more about other players, on our server that tends not to be the issue. If the AI were not difficult then the server would just be players base building and nothing more.
Prices missing on loot, could not sell some items.
This is an Exile issue., do to classname config issues.
Bambi spawn needs to have more equipment and NVGs a must otherwise the server will never populate during night rotation. My friends left during night rotation.
The night time is accelerated on the server. It is night time for around 40 minutes. Your job as a bambi with little respect is just to survive not, tear through the map killing everything. There are plenty of NVG's to be found in the correct locations, they just tend not to be in bambi zones. Also make sure you are searching containers, garbage and vehicles. Containers and military vehicles have higher quality loot.
If possible to apply "classes" to Bambi spawn. pm me for a server example.
Next revision, but a level 0 and 1 bambi will still have the same equipment as they do now.
Loot spawn needs to be improved. should be able to find a weapon fairly easily to get back into the fight.
As for weapons in the bambi zones there is a 15% chance to find a 9mm or 5.56 weapon, as you leave the bambi areas, the difference type of buildings spawn different types of equipment. In a military building there is a 15% chace to find a 5.56 or better weapon. Next revision will have respect based respawns, where you can respawn on your body or base depending on your respect level.
The only server issue I found was the server allowed ppl to join before server was ready. I thought it was a soft restart when in fact it was a hard restart.
Server is moving tonight and the long restarts will be gone. Our test show server is joinable in 2 minutes. All restarts are hard restarts every 6 hours.

DaBOOMHOWER

February 8th, 2019, 9:39 pm

AWESOME! Looking forward to the port!

DaBOOMHOWER

February 8th, 2019, 11:50 pm

I re-read thru your post, and while you have a point, being that is what you want it to be, which TBH really doesnt appeal to the general public. if your going to have a successful server you will need to make it more new player friendly. logging in and no NVGS is just a point that was brought up from most of the other 6 people I brought to the server the past couple days. if they cant get in and start enjoying the server its not worth anymore of their time. The cop out over the selling of items is exiles problem is what it is, a cop out, go into battlemetrics filter by mod and check out the competition. while I love invade and annex, I switched to exile for the mix of PVP and PVE/AI.

IF however your trying to recreate a "DAYZ" esq type of server then by all means keep headed the way your headed. the only people that will continue to play will probably be the people that are already ahead of all the changes and have established a base and cash flow.

Just my two cents. I logged in found a bike rode to the first town to get some guns and was instantly killed>>>> AKA not fun. Id say I suck but I didnt have a gun to start with sooooo... it wasnt really me that was sucking...

Volcano

NAK Tac

NAK Donor

February 10th, 2019, 11:26 am

@DaBOOMHOWER
As long term player here on exile don't mind the night times since I know what I'm doing...
now there is a voting system where you can type in chat "/vote day" or "/vote night" and it will change it to night or day depending on how many players vote for what. :!:

DaBOOMHOWER

February 11th, 2019, 12:31 am

Yeah i noticed that today. Regardless, if you spawn in and your forced to parachute with no NVGs, how are you supposed to land without looking? Sure on a clear night is easy. Not so much other times.

Longterm player, yes your already established, spawning in and being killed while trying to loot for a gun sucks. I'm sure you can just spawn at your base and get right back in to killing stuff. Which is just what I need to do.

• Information