Mod request response

For question, comments, and problems with mods.
Individual mod authors are responsible for the content of their mods, but we will do our best to help a member of the NAK Community if they are having an issue on our servers.

Moderator: VileAce

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

March 25th, 2019, 10:32 am

03/09/2019
Dennis

Remove stamina
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... ext=remove

RESPONSE
Denied - Server has stamina disabled by default.

As a side note, this is also a perfect example of "not all mods are created equal". This mod has horrible coding and would for sure have a negative impact on client FPS. Even in the description the author states executes "player enableStamina false" each second. Any time a mod runs code every frame or every second, it is going to have large negative impact on client performance. If we had stamina turned on this mod would cause all sorts of strange behavior, sometimes the stamina would be on other times it would be off. The lesson here, make sure you really know what a mod is doing. If your are unfamiliar with a mod and do not know how to read Arma scripts, read through the comments, and do a general search on Bohemia Interactive forums for other play opinions. Last I am happy to review a mod and let you know the truer effect that it may have, just send me a PM.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

March 25th, 2019, 11:22 am

03/11/2019
Johnathan Miller

Link to mod. Prefer Steam Link, but any link is acceptable.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1317053909

Reason to add or remove mod.
Tactical Swap is a tacticool animation that allows you and others to create an epic swap between primary and secondary, looking best as ever.
Tactical Swap also allows you to quickly swap between primary and secondary.

RESPONSE
Denied - Does not work as described. Malfunctions.I have sent messages to the mod author to see if he has a fix for the errors. The features of the mod were not denied, meaning, if the technical issues were resolved the mod would be approved.

A technical explanation.
When the script does not find the animation for a specific model it generates an error. After the first error, the script continues to try and load the animation. It does this over and over which causes performance issues. This issue is easily fixable, but it would require the author to make the change.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

March 25th, 2019, 1:44 pm

03/15/2019
Dennis

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21179

It just makes life easier for pilots if one is to do an urban landing.

RESPONSE
This is not a mod. This is run on the users local computer and changes the Arma3 configuration. You are free to use at your own risk. My recommendation is to understand the change and make it manually. There are a lot of references to changing your POV manually

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

March 25th, 2019, 3:17 pm

03/15/2019
Bashfulvideos

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1369955673

Please, can we have JUST the LVOA-C weapon, as there is no other mod that has the weapon but, if there is feel free to link me to it?

RESPONSE
Denied - Unfortunately the mods made by this author generally do not fit our community. At one point this mod was allowed, but the author added features that made it no longer appropriate for our servers. There is no practical way for me to allow one weapon from a mod. From my understanding the LVOA-C is just an AR-15 variant, and if that is the case you may want to look into EricJ Weapons Pack, SMA and NIArms AR15 Rifles

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

April 4th, 2019, 12:23 am

Date 03/28/2019
Name Xerv

ADR-97 Enhanced MOD
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... ext=adr-97

Reason to add or remove the mod.
To add spice and options for the P90/ADR-97

RESPONSE
Unfortunately, all Kickass mods are restricted, he uses common scripts across all mods which we have had to restrict.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

April 4th, 2019, 12:28 am

Date 03/27/2019
Name Cody Byerley

Anti-Materiel Rifle 25 KKiv Model 2035
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... htext=25mm

This rifle mod would introduce a role specific to anti-material engagements. I've done some research and think that if infantry can address a vehicle by disabling it rather than launching AT missles at it. This could improve gameplay; crew dismounts and engages players, then CAS destroys vehicle. It's just a suggestion that could be researched, I know it's not a minigun or shotgun with HE rounds. just think how awesome it is to have a rifle way more powerful than a Barrett m107, I own the M82A1 CQB 20" Rifle and Arma has disappointed me...

RESPONSE
This mod is already restricted and will remain restricted. When we look to approve a mod or not, one of the things we consider is, if it is OP. What we mean by this is there anything in the vanilla game that is similar. In this case, the answer is no so it is overpowered. It would be completely unfair to users that do not use mods or cannot use mods. As a side note, it was allowed for a short time, and believe me, players did not limit its use to vehicles.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

April 4th, 2019, 12:37 am

Date 03/21/2019
Name Arvid (Nickname: Surgeon) Camderman

Devas Autopilot Mod
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... text=DEVAS

Allows people to use, for example, the armed blackfish alone, you can turn on loiter and use the guns. Currently used by some people on the server, including NAK-elite. Doesn't really give you any combat edge, just makes life easier when you are alone...

RESPONSE
We do not have an issue with the mod in general, but in the near future we plan to implement the "auto drive" feature, and there will most likely be an in-game cost associated with it. Allowing Devas kind of circumvents that. We were also concerned that a single individual, using the mod, could pilot the armed blackfish creating an OP weapons platform not available to players without the mod. Similarly, with no pilot actively flying the Blackfish, it cannot avoid AA attacks leading to wasting assets. If you all can find a mod that has similar features but only works with single seaters, I would be happy to approve that.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

April 12th, 2019, 7:50 pm

Date 04/10/2019
Name Riot Corporation

Big Compass
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1144828982

Small mod that makes compass in game double the size when used. It allows a player to read compass bearings from compass on low resolutions where compas is just to small and pixelated to be read.

RESPONSE
Approved

• Information