Blastcore Tracers A3 - FoxFort Edit

For question, comments, and problems with mods.
Individual mod authors are responsible for the content of their mods, but we will do our best to help a member of the NAK Community if they are having an issue on our servers.

Moderator: VileAce

Bandit-Angel 1-

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

July 9th, 2019, 4:59 pm

What do you guys think about this one? I 've seen a good lineup of Blastcore stuff and this looks like another good one.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =647768227
"Throw me to the wolves but know I will return leading the pack"

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

July 9th, 2019, 6:47 pm

First, it is not made by the individual that makes Blastcore, so you need to take that into account. Second, it only works with vanilla tracers, none of the modded ammo is affected by default. To get it to work on modded ammo you would need to copy the entire mod directory from within your workshop folder, to another location (otherwise it will be overwritten) the move the *.pbo's from the various Optional folders into the addons folder. Then add it as a local mod in the launcher.

To be honest I think this is too difficult for most players. If it is a mod that you would like us to add submit a mod request form

Bandit-Angel 1-

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

July 10th, 2019, 9:22 pm

I saw that it had two different authors, didn't think too much of it though. If it works with Vanilla weapons that would mean that at least the enemy rounds have tracer rounds going off being that they are vanilla, correct? I always have tracer rounds loaded to help others see what I am shooting at. I think that would be cool as infantry watching all rounds being traded. I put it in for review, if added could we put a note next to it saying "For Vanilla Weapons Only" and leave it at that?

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

July 11th, 2019, 9:03 am

Im not sure it will owrk on AI because "they" the server would not have the mod. I do not see any issues with the mod from a client perspective, it would not affect FPS or anything like that. I just changes the values (intensity) of all tracers that are based on the core vanilla tracer. Most mods inherit values from a core class and modify those values, that is what this mod is doing.

Spuds

July 12th, 2019, 6:37 am

I often have trouble figuring out where the enemy fire is coming from. Even tried a few times to see if i could find a mod to remove the sonic crack to make it easier (never actually found one) so when i saw this I tried it. It worked on malden...
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i5 6500 @ 3.20GHz
8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown@1064MHz
MSI H110M GAMING
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
232GB TOSHIBA (SATA (SSD))

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

July 12th, 2019, 1:22 pm

Be aware that this is not an approved mod and using it is a bannable offense. Do not use any mod that is not on the approved list.

Bandit-Angel 1-

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

July 12th, 2019, 7:24 pm

Spuds wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 6:37 am
I often have trouble figuring out where the enemy fire is coming from. Even tried a few times to see if i could find a mod to remove the sonic crack to make it easier (never actually found one) so when i saw this I tried it. It worked on malden...
I'm glad you tried it, not the way you went about doing it, but glad you had a chance to use it. I put the mod request in a few days ago so give that some time for review and a decision before you use it again.

When you used it what did you think? Did you see the friendly and enemy gunfire going back and fourth? Did it give you that immersive, surrounded feeling?

Spuds

July 14th, 2019, 10:28 am

oh i just kind of tested it for a moment, I'm almost always on wastelands so can't use it on there anyway but yes enemy tracers anyway. I love night missions bc of the fact you can see it all so well... battle almost looks like fireworks BUT then you gotta use the nvg's and they're never bright enough except when you don't want them to be bright then they're too bright haha.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
MSI H110M GAMING

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

July 14th, 2019, 2:11 pm

Walker and I have seen a few issues with this mod, attached is an animated gif of me using a Navid with tracers (this is similar to what Walker experienced as well). On many weapons, the mod had no effect. While playing at night for 30 - 45 min the enemies tracers were not affected.
07142019_378b.gif
Do the issues with the mod I am inclined to deny it, but I would like to hear from other players that have used it on the server. At this time I am not going to approve it, but I will not punish players that do try it on our invade and annex servers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spuds

July 15th, 2019, 5:38 am

oh wow, i played during server day time but i didn't see nothing like that. just looked like normal tracers coming from inf
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
MSI H110M GAMING

• Information