Too much AA ?

Moderator: VileAce

Volcano

NAK Tac

NAK Donor

January 22nd, 2019, 10:50 pm

Hey, this is volcano.

So I have been playing on Tanoa for the past week with some guys and we have been doing it all Tactical and fun and it even was more tactical than NAC TAC itself at one point.
The thing that had us bad was How many AA was there on the Map which made it hard to take any Air support out to fly it.

Tanoa is not a big map like altis so when 4 Batteries of AA spawn around, it was very hard to stay in the Air for more than 2 mins.
So when anyone has some free time to look at it and make some editing as he finds it fitting, it would be awsome!

Thanks for bringing Tanoa back!

white43210

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

March 11th, 2019, 3:37 pm

I played on Tanoa the other day.

There were only about 3 other people on, so I was hoping to even the playing field in the main AO by dropping some bombs on armor. But it was literally impossible to get a fixed wing aircraft in the sky due to dodging missiles from enemy aircraft and AA. I even tried shooting down the Shikra buzzing the airfield with a Stinger, only to get pinned between 2 AA sites and a Gryphon 10 seconds after liftoff.

It's definitely not a map friendly to pilots unless you have more than a few ground pounders to help thinning out the AA ground units.

Adonis

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

March 11th, 2019, 11:38 pm

I played Tanoa for a bit yesterday. I found it impossible to take off from the main airfield for a variety of reasons.
1. The Bobcats, P/R, and H/R pads do not work, so getting more flares is impossible
2. AA batteries that spawn within 2km of the base make it very hard to take off. Within 1 minute I burned all my flares and wasn't able to kill anything.

Until Tanoa picks up and averages 10+ players, I think the AA batteries should be reduced in quantity.
Cal Poly Engineering
CO '16

wmetcalf

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

March 12th, 2019, 4:19 pm

Tanoa is tough in many aspects. Especially the well-known issue of the AI being able to see through the foliage, while players can't. It often feels overwhelming, particularly when missions spawn large numbers of enemy. It requires thinking more outside the box. Many times I want to just give up. That said - I usually press on in spite of the odds because the win is very challenging and keeps me trying. I've changed my mind about playing there. It's nice to have one server that really tests those of us who can fairly easily win more common scenarios. I sometimes think pilots could use a bit more pressure to liven up their game and push them to develop sharper skills. It can be a real thrill to conquer one of these situations
AKA: Bosco19

• Information