CAS

Moderator: VileAce

coleman

February 5th, 2019, 5:33 pm

its getting to a point that CAS is just getting too much and are getting most of the kills before the people on ground know whats happening, i was just thinking as there are viper uniforms that make it rely hard for CAS to find, is it possible making more or all enemy infantry at missions in to vipers and snipers, so CAS will take longer finding enemy to kill and will need to work with JTAC to find them? also maybe remove map markers telling where enemy are on map.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

February 6th, 2019, 1:44 pm

If you are referring to Altis then all enemy map markers are already removed. We also have other servers that tend to have less of an air presence, if you play on Malden or Tanoa will will have more than enough targets.

G0lden

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

February 13th, 2019, 9:08 pm

Vile I am still getting shared group intelligence that points out enemies on my map

sycholic

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

February 13th, 2019, 11:25 pm

might be that if your TL is aware the rest of the squad ends up still being shown markers. Im just going in server now... its odd sometimes I see them but sometimes not...

edit: yeah Im seeing spoting for inf also
Last edited by sycholic on February 14th, 2019, 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

February 14th, 2019, 12:59 am

Trying to figure out the when they are shown and when there are not. I believe that when a player targets the AI they show on the map, confirming now.

LoKii

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

February 14th, 2019, 11:45 am

Not sure how you handle this here, due to your custom modifications, but by default I&A its like this that on the map ONLY the enemy units that YOU see will show up and only for you (or the person who sees them). The idea behind this is that if you have a jtac or spotter or recon etc... that they actually would mark on the map enemy positions and enemy patrol routes for others to see. I find that more realistic and also opens up some more interest as recon would actually be used and valuable here. Especially for drones. Drones are the perfect eye in the sky ;)
LInux is very user friendly. Its just selective who it's friends are.

Adonis

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

February 14th, 2019, 12:14 pm

It would be nice if there were more side missions that didn't involve blowing everything up. I fly the A10 a lot, and I can easily clear an AO with a few Skalpels and GBUs. Hiding enemies in buildings and having search and rescue missions with civilians and a HVT (similar to the secure chopper mission) would make bombing targets not as viable. Ideally there would be penalties for killing civilians and careless play.
Cal Poly Engineering
CO '16

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

February 14th, 2019, 10:28 pm

We have tested missions with civilians, there is actually one still on Altis, but the pilots tend to bomb things without looking. For the 2 hours that I was on Altis yesterday, the pilots failed at least one sub AO mission each rotation.

Unfortunately it is very difficult to write a script that can punish players for failing the missions without affecting server performance.

We will continue to create new side and sub missions. We have limited resources so there is only so much that can be done at one time. But let it be know that Claws is constantly working on improving the missions.

• Information