For all general issues, questions and topics

Moderator: Chiefs of Staff

Blackwell

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

April 14th, 2019, 12:07 am

Let me preface this with saying I understand and agree with the following

Camouflage colors: I get why we have a restriction on it, wearing the same uniform promotes unity and teamwork and also makes Friend or Foe identification much easier.

Grenade Smoke Colors: White makes sense, not to mention Vile explained this at the last event (For those not in attendance basically its a message thing)

Ammo type restriction in regards to (7.62 vs 5.56): I'll have to admit here I don't fully understand this one and there never seems to be a clear consensus on what you can and can't use. None the less I concede to this and usually only use 5.56 unless otherwise requested which is fine because I prefer the M16A4 anyway.

Medical supplies: We should always carry them, On the ACE Medical website you can find a basic idea on what you should take along. Just remember squad leader has final say obviously.

However when people start trying to dictate what backpack I should carry, or what vest or uniform I should wear that's when I am just like "bugger off tbh". I think as long as the agreed upon camouflage requirements are met it should be up to the player. I understand you guys don't want people spending a long time in the Arsenal but that's why I show up early in most cases. Obviously, if someone shows up five minutes prior to AO they should just use whatever the game defaults them at.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Command

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

April 14th, 2019, 2:01 am

We have been running NAK Tac for 3 years. We have set up our rules and guidelines over this time. Instead of saying "when people start trying to dictate what backpack I should carry, or what vest or uniform I should wear that's when I am just like "bugger off tbh"", after your 3rd event, it might have been a good idea to talk to the individuals that run the group.

This is not going to change anytime soon, and if you do not like it, let me know and I will remove you from the group,

Blackwell

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

April 14th, 2019, 11:29 am

This is me reaching (After my third time) out to those who run the group, Last night I was told you guys try to work with players and understand. Now I am being met with what feels like a brick wall? why, did we forget? I'll admit that I didn't articulate my thoughts very well and for this I apologize. I just don't see a point in people deciding that I have to wear MTP Carryall backpack A verses MTP Carryall backpack B. It doesn't affect anyone one but me, and it doesn't make me any less effective in the AO. It's like telling someone they have to use a Samsung Galaxy S8 and not the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. At the end of the day, they are identical phones except for one has room for a pen. My point is at least for me part of the fun comes from looking at the arsenal and trying to figure out what is going to make the most effective I can be, It's like a puzzle.

Blackwell

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

April 14th, 2019, 12:18 pm

VileAce wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 2:01 am
We have been running NAK Tac for 3 years. We have set up our rules and guidelines over this time. Instead of saying "when people start trying to dictate what backpack I should carry, or what vest or uniform I should wear that's when I am just like "bugger off tbh"", after your 3rd event, it might have been a good idea to talk to the individuals that run the group.

This is not going to change anytime soon, and if you do not like it, let me know and I will remove you from the group,
I talked to Rollacanda about some things, I am sorry if I came off pompous and arrogant in my first post. When I had made that post I didn't realize that things were way more lax after the third event He clarified that now it is after my third event that the backpack I wear weather A or B doesn't matter as long as I remain MTP. My first event (An open event) for whatever reason (possibly due to streaming issues, or DDoS.) was all over the place and rules were flying at me left and right and it was hard to follow. I had spoken with someone in game (that same night) who gave me the impression that the community would micromanage me down to what color keyboard lights I used, that's what I didn't want. I also should have realized that the community was more organized when last night I saw people being trained on the firing range with medical and radio, A luxury I was not afforded all is well though as I learned in the field and also I paid attention to said training. I just wanted to clarify some things, but it came out all wrong.

white43210

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

April 14th, 2019, 1:01 pm

Blackwell …

Old guys like me have to constantly remind themselves that message boards, texts, forums, etc do not fully convey feeling and intention. So try to consider providing opinions and feedback without prepending/appending them with terms like "Bugger off". Remember to always be tactful when sharing ideas and opinions. Some of the greatest barriers in history were built with careless words.

NAKTac is setup to represent a more formal, structured, tactical, and semi-realistic style of play than you find in Altis. There are regulations regarding uniforms, regulations regarding net communications, regulations regarding weapon loadouts, regulations regarding smoke signals etc. It may not exactly fit your expectations - and to some small degree I do understand this as I actually wish it was a bit more structured. But, it is what it is and yet I continue to play over and over and over again for the enjoyment of spending time with some of the best people that represent the NAK community in a semi-tactical environment with a great dynamic of missions.

Because my soul subconsciously yearns for structure, I do occasionally curse to myself over being drowned out by frivolous use of radio net communications or lack of formal movement formations or improper use of cover - but I find that at the end of the night I have thoroughly enjoyed the mission, I have a smile on my face, I've grown to know a little bit more about my NAKTac friends, and I am always looking forward to the next NAKTac mission. It's really sort of like watching a great movie. You can criticize camera angles, poor scenes and incorrect content, but at the end of the film, your really sad its over and you are craving a sequel with the same cast and the same director.

Your issue with loadouts is somewhat of a hazy line, because I heard Vile last night say that we were using MTP uniforms and not to make any major changes. And I think specifically he meant he didn't want people wearing non-MTP gear that would stand out in the stream and make the group look like a ragtag band of Somali pirates. He did say (and he can correct me if I'm wrong) that you could make minor changes to the loadout or the model face as long as it was in line with the default MTP color scheme.

I don't always love the models chosen for the default loadouts, but I imagine that if anyone respectfully asked Vile to review a change to that default loadout he might give consideration to the request if 1.) the requestor has a bit of tenure (its not your first few missions); 2.) the request has merit (it provides a clear benefit/improvement); 3.) the model doesn't present technical issues (graphical defects or performance issues).

But I do believe that the squad(s) should always look "uniform" in the stream and represent NAKTac as an ordered and organized team. Anything less is just ALTIS …

Blackwell

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

April 14th, 2019, 1:46 pm

White...

I appreciate your well written and frankly, profound response. I understand I came off as a bit of an asshole. That's something I need to work on. I want to clarify I don't take issue with having a structure or clear intent on squad and fireteam tactics. I was under the wrong impression going into the first post. I completely agree that Vile had mentioned that minor changes were allowed. Like many people I have issues, while I don't intend to make them a community responsibility I am hard on my hearing. And with it being pollen season that only gets worse. Also as I said here

"I talked to Rollacanda about some things, I am sorry if I came off pompous and arrogant in my first post. When I had made that post I didn't realize that things were way more lax after the third event He clarified that now it is after my third event that the backpack I wear weather A or B doesn't matter as long as I remain MTP. My first event (An open event) for whatever reason (possibly due to streaming issues, or DDoS.) was all over the place and rules were flying at me left and right and it was hard to follow. I had spoken with someone in game (that same night) who gave me the impression that the community would micromanage me down to what color keyboard lights I used, that's what I didn't want. I also should have realized that the community was more organized when last night I saw people being trained on the firing range with medical and radio, A luxury I was not afforded all is well though as I learned in the field and also I paid attention to said training. I just wanted to clarify some things, but it came out all wrong."

I Clarified somethings with another admin as I felt myself and Vile weren't understanding each other and I would be happy to get in Teamspeak with anyone who needs me to articulate my thoughts better, at their leisure of course.

Volcano

NAK Tac

NAK Donor

April 14th, 2019, 2:21 pm

I don't have really anything better to say than what is already in the previous posts.
But I can say that you can find me a lot of the times in the free channels. please feel free to join me and ask or just chat about anything you like
"We may not be able to control the wind, but we can always adjust our sails"

white43210

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

April 14th, 2019, 2:44 pm

Understood … Love playing alongside you Blackwell.

If you have further questions/comments lets chat on TS.

• Information