Hot mic glitch

Moderator: VileAce

otanguma

May 14th, 2019, 11:32 pm

I am not sure what is triggering it yet, but sometimes my game randomly starts hot mic'ing without me physically touching a hot key. I have to change to "Direct Comm" freq to make it stop. I have tried muting the mouse via toggle switch on the headset but that didn't work. I used to think it happened because I had music or youtube on the background and somehow caused the glitch. Just a while ago, however, my screen was not indicating I was hot mic but I was being called out for it. Changing my comms to "Direct" did not seem to fix it so I had to reset my game completely. Just a suggestion, give someone 15 - 30 seconds and a few attempts to fix a hot mic, not 2 seconds. ; ) No one wants to stop a firefight and risk dying for a false hot mic. A little perspective please, thanks.

c0p0ut

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

May 15th, 2019, 12:49 am

One way this is caused is by double tapping your push-to-talk key, which holds the mic open. For me, this either either my left shift of left ctrl button. By tapping that button again when it is open, will turn it off.

According to VileAce, it also happens as a random glitch. To correct it, he suggests pressing your push to talk button and changing comm channels rapidly. For info regarding hotmic'ing, players can type !hotmic in the game server chat and a list of instructions will follow.

otanguma

May 15th, 2019, 10:37 am

Thank you! I'll try that.

• Information