Battleeye Script Restriction #58

For question, comments, and problems with mods.
Individual mod authors are responsible for the content of their mods, but we will do our best to help a member of the NAK Community if they are having an issue on our servers.

Moderator: VileAce

Cuttlefish

October 5th, 2019, 8:59 pm

Hey, long time player here

Me and a friend (Current ingame name BORRIS) get that error whenever trying to open our chutes.

We both use the same mods (I might have one or 2 more than him)

Also the issue only started on the 4th of October for me, I didn't have any issue in my prior sessions.

Thanks for any help!
-Cuttle

Edit: I got the same error when getting in a vehicle...

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

October 6th, 2019, 12:20 am

This means that you are using a mod that is not approved. You can get the list of approved mods here. Any mod not listed in this list is restricted. If you feel that you are using a mod that should be allowed but is not on the list you can complete a mod request form.

In your case specifically, 'BWA3 Add' is restricted.

Cuttlefish

October 6th, 2019, 9:08 am

Thanks a lot!

I'm surprised it got on the "not-allowed list" tbh, but ty either way :D

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

October 6th, 2019, 9:36 am

Just so other people that read this are clear as well, any mod not specifically listed in the Approved Mods list is considered restricted until approved. But in the case of BWA3 Add it creates game logic anytime you look at a building, which has a performance impact on the server, which is why it was added to the list as truly 'restricted'.

LoKii

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

October 9th, 2019, 9:40 am

Can someone tell me what it is in my case? I am not using BWA3 ADD when on NAK.

I haven't changed my mods in the past 6 months, but i get kicked for that same restriction everytime i open my parachute.

I'm not using anything special weapon wise or so, 90% of my mods have to do with scopes and visuals.
LInux is very user friendly. Its just selective who it's friends are.

Wave

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

October 9th, 2019, 10:39 am

LoKii wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 9:40 am
Can someone tell me what it is in my case? I am not using BWA3 ADD when on NAK.

I haven't changed my mods in the past 6 months, but i get kicked for that same restriction everytime i open my parachute.

I'm not using anything special weapon wise or so, 90% of my mods have to do with scopes and visuals.
Our restricted and allowed mods continuously change. Mods that you might have been able to load in with (but were/are not approved) might have gotten caught in one of the more recent changes.

It is important to check mods regardless of their purpose. Alot of mods (especially the restricted ones) do way more than most players know/realize.
Lead me, follow me or get out of my way

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

October 9th, 2019, 10:56 am

What are Script Restrictions
Script Restrictions are generated when you enter our servers with a mod that is not approved or specifically restricted. The restriction can happen immediately upon entering the server or when you perform a specific action like jumping or opening a parachute. When you receive a Script Restriction it will be identified with a number. Script Restrictions fall into two categories, specific mod restrictions, and general restrictions. Most specific mod restrictions will tell you the name of the restricted mod in the kick message for example "RESTRICTED MOD (Ryan Zombies) or RESTRICTED MOD (Achilles)". General mod restrictions will only be identified by Script Restriction and the number. General mod restrictions do not restrict a specific mod but what a mod does, this allows us to create a restriction that covers existing mods as well as mods that may be released in the future, for example, we have a script restriction preventing a player from not taking damage (god mode) and a restriction preventing players from changing their position without outside of normal motion (teleport). We do not publish our script restriction as they do change often and it would provide information to hackers that might allow them to bypass our restrictions.

Why am I getting a Script Restrictions now, I did not change my mods
In order to provide a fair environment for everyone, script restrictions can be added, removed or modified at any time. We do not have a schedule for when restrictions are changed, they are changed as needed. It is possible that a mod that you were previously using is now triggering a script restriction. It is also possible that the author of a previously approved mod changed the mod in such a way that it now triggers a script restriction.

How to eliminate Script Restrictions
First, ensure all of your loaded mods are in our Allowed Mod list.

Next, if after verifying your mods against our Approved Mods List, if you are still receiving a script restriction, go to your launcher, unload all mods and connect to our server. If you are able to connect successfully, then by trial and error, load each of your mods one by one and connect to the server until you encounter the script restriction. If the mod that is causing the script restriction is on the approved mod list, join our Teamspeak server at ts3.naksquad.net, join a Help Room and speak to one of our Admins. Inform the admin that you are receiving a script restriction for an approved mod. Provide to the admin the restriction number, the mod that caused the restriction and when the restriction error was received.

Lastly, if you are unable to find the source of your script restriction or you received the script restriction with no mods loaded in the launcher, connect to our Teamspeak server at ts3.naksquad.net to speak to one of our Admins or alternatively send an email to admin@naksquad.net include your contact information, the restriction number, when the restriction error was received and the estimated date and time you received the script restriction.

LoKii

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

October 9th, 2019, 12:33 pm

Thanks Vile and Wave for your replies.

I only asked maybe you knew which one specifically in my case was the one triggering the restriction.

Thing is, i run over 90 mods, and it only kicks me after i open my parachute. That means I have to go 90 times wait for game to start --> Load --> login --> jump --> open parachute which is a pain.

I understand what you are all saying about mods and so on, I only asked to help save some time to maybe narrow it down a lil bit.

Maybe you can share what #58 is supposed to block, that way I can get an idea maybe which mods might trigger?

Regards.

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

October 9th, 2019, 12:49 pm

Script restriction 58 is one of the general restrictions, unfortunately telling you what it is looking for would give to much information away, and would not help identify the mod. It is a very general restriction.

Instead of loading mods one by one, load half and test, then the other half and test. Keep loading the failing half until you find the mod.

LoKii

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

October 9th, 2019, 1:14 pm

I think i found it.

Its the regular BWMOD (not the ADD one mentioned previously).

Unfortunately its the mod with my secondary scopes :cry:

(https://horusvision.wordpress.com/2011/ ... d-hodnett/) One of the best scopes out there.

Generally this mod is just the german army mod.

• Information