Using phone as a PC Mic

This is an off-topic thread for talking about whatever.

Moderator: VileAce

MrBlob
Private

NAK Elite

Hi,

I used to have to use my phone as a mic through my PC before I got a headset a few years ago. I found a very good way of doing it and I thought I would bring some light onto how I did it in case there is anyone else in a similar situation.
So there's an app called WO Mic, that is available for iOS and Android. Basically what it does is, use the microphone on your phone, pass it to your computer, and your computer will see it as any other normal mic. https://wolicheng.com/womic/

To install,
Install the app on your phone, install the desktop application, and install the desktop driver. (Obviously installing random drivers to your computer is dangerous, so if you don't feel safe doing this please do not proceed.)
Next open the app on your phone, and go to the settings, I would advise you set the connection method to WiFi. Connect your device to the same network as your computer, and click the play icon on the app.
Now open the desktop application, click the connect button and click WiFi, then find the IP address of your phone, which will be most likely found in your network settings, or "About Phone"; type in the IP in the box, and click connect.
Once they are connected your phone should have a bar saying that it's connected and the IP of the computer you are connected to.
Next you will want to go to your windows audio settings and select WO Mic as being your Default Microphone.
After that, (if I have remembered all of this correctly) it should work.

Happy hunting,
MrBlob
MrBlob
Private

NAK Elite

Just noticed, that there's a guide just further down on the website, just read that if what I said doesn't work cos I'm probably being dumb or something lol :p
Xdxd0
Private

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

Hi MrBlob, at the end i will try to use it until my headsets arrive! thanks for your advice, information and of curse concern!