The following rules must be followed when streaming, uploading, broadcasting or otherwise electronically distributing (sharing) any content hosted on NAK Squad (Our) servers. NAK Squad is providing this Policy to provide clarity in regard to our rules and guidelines for sharing content from NAK Squad servers. We support players who use our servers to create free shared content for the benefit of the community. We’re generally on board with shared content that follows the rules outlined below, but we reserve the right to restrict or revoke the permission that we are granting, to share content from our servers, at any time, for any reason.
- You are responsible for the content you share. If the content violates any of our rules your right to share content based on NAK Squad content may be revoked or you may be banned from all NAK Squad servers. The level of punishment is at the discretion of NAK Command (Admins) and will be based on the severity of the violation.
- All NAK Server Rules apply.
- You must respect all applicable local, national, and international laws while sharing content. Any content or activity featuring, encouraging, offering, or soliciting illegal activity is prohibited.
- You do not speak on behalf of NAK Squad. The content you share should be clearly identifiable as your own and not official NAK Squad content. If anyone has questions about NAK Squad, refer them to our website, or our TeamSpeak server, where they can speak to an admin.
- By sharing content from our servers you give NAK Squad permission to spotlight or share your content. More specifically: you agree that we may use, copy, modify, distribute, and make derivative works of your content, which is based on our content, in any form, on a royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide basis, for any purpose and without having to credit you, pay you anything, or obtain your approval.
- While sharing NAK Squad server content, you do have an impact on the image of NAK Squad, so you must uphold and promote the standards of the NAK Squad Community by acting in a positive manner towards viewers, players on the server and the community as a whole. Behavior directly or indirectly that damages the reputation of the NAK Squad or members of the NAK Squad community is not allowed.
- You are allowed to use official NAK Squad logo’s from our official media page. You are not allowed to use any NAK Squad logo that is not approved, self-made or that has been modified in any way other than resizing. Please remember, as it applies here as well, the content you share should be clearly identifiable as your own and not official NAK Squad content.
- You may share content from any public NAK Squad Arma server, that is not password protected, unless otherwise posted.
- Do not share bugs, exploit, cheats, hacks, botting, tampering or illegal content.
- Do not invade the privacy of others. It is prohibited to share content that may reveal private personal information about individuals, or their private property, without permission. This includes but is not limited to:
- Sharing personally identifiable information (such as real name, location, or ID)
- Sharing restricted or protected social profiles or any information from those profiles
- Sharing content that violates other players’ reasonable expectation of privacy without permission.
- You may share NAK Squad server content so long as the content you are sharing is made freely available to everyone (i.e., there is no charge, subscription, or “premium access” fee required to view it). Additionally, players may monetize videos by way of YouTube’s “partner program”, Google’s Adsense program, Twitch’s subscription program or any similar advertising revenue-sharing model, provided the third-party advertisements do not interfere with a viewer’s access to the video.
- NAK Squad has decided not to allow the recording of any TeamSpeak communications because Federal and State laws of the United States prohibit the unauthorized, non-consensual interception or recording of “wire, oral, or electronic communications”.
- Content from NAK Squad servers may not be used to advertise products you are selling unless you are an authorized NAK Squad partner.
- Another person’s intellectual property or copyrighted material must not be included in any shared content while using our servers. Intellectual property includes copyrighted or trademarked material, trade secrets, sensitive company material, and any performance of a work of authorship, which includes but is not limited to movies, television or video clips, and music.
- Focus on the positive. Yes, sometimes players/teammates screw up. Don’t linger in it!
- But don’t expect to be an overnight success. Focus on making good content and being attentive to anyone asking questions. Be helpful and share knowledge, be respectful and consistent and eventually people will subscribe to your content.
- If you are sharing content from NAK Squad servers, feel free to post links to your content in our forums.
- It would be great if you post links to the NAK Squad website and TeamSpeak servers in the descriptions of your content, just do not post email addresses, everyone hates spam.
OBS Studio – OBS Studio is free and open-source software for video recording and live streaming. Currently, Linux, Mac, and Windows Builds are available.
XSplit Broadcaster or XSplit Gamecaster – Xsplit offers multiple products for streaming and recording content. The free version does have some limitations.
DaVinci Resolve – DaVinci Resolve is one of the most advanced video editing products. While it has many professional video features, its interfaces remain intuitive. Alongside video slicing and trimming you can master audio and correct color. You can also use it to add 2D and 3D titles to your video. If you just want to trim and upload your videos, the rich feature set of DaVinci Resolve may be too extensive (Shotcut may be a better alternative). However, if your video project is a little more advanced, the free version of this software is hard to beat.
Openshot – Openshot is an entirely open-source, which makes it one of the best video editing software that is accessible. Openshot offers an easy to use drag and drop interface and packs many features including unlimited layers and audio mixing. This free editor strikes a nice balance between advanced features and a simple interface. It also allows real-time previews when you create transitions between clips.
HitFilm Express – HitFilm Express is a free video editing software with professional-grade VFX tools and everything you need to make awesome content, films or gaming videos. Perfect for beginners, film students, gamers, YouTubers, or any creative without a budget.